Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Coastal Cleanup Day (LA County)
Saturday, September 17, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
California Coastal Cleanup Day is Saturday, September 17th and Los Angeles County has over 60 Coastal Cleanup Day sites. Find a site near you!
Heal the Bay and Ford invite you to Drive One 4UR Beach! There is still time to drive away from Coastal Cleanup Day in a new Ford!
On September 17th, you can test drive a Ford at Dockweiler State Beach at Imperial Hwy and be entered in a drawing to win a new Ford! For every test drive completed by 9:59 am. Ford will also donate $50 to Heal the Bay to keep L.A.'s beaches clean!
- Group Leaders please click on the Contact the Host in the right side bar and let us know the name of your group and how many will be attending. Only the group leader needs to register.
- Volunteers must be 12 years old or accompanied by a parent. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a liability waiver signed by a parent or guardian to participate.
- Test drivers must be at least 18 years old with a valid driver's license. Please bring your valid driver's license with you to the beach cleanup.
- Trash bags, gloves and data cards will be provided. However, you can help reduce the number of plastic trash bags used for the cleanups by bringing your own bucket or pail.
- BYO! This Coastal Cleanup Day, do more for the environment than ever before! Bring your own - reusable buckets, garden gloves, and reusable bags to help us reduce the amount of bags we will use.
- Zero Waste Sites - We are working on our end to reduce the amount of trash bags used on Coastal Cleanup Day. Join us on CCD at one of our ZERO Waste Sites! Make sure to BYO!, bring your own, bucket or reusable bag, garden gloves and other reusable items for your cleanup. Be sure to pick a site that's labeled "Zero Waste Site" when you register.
If you can't join us for Coastal Cleanup Day, you can still protect what you love. Make a $5 donation to provide cleanup supplies to volunteers:
Text GIVE2CCD to 202222
Heal the Bay
Heal the Bay is a nonprofit environmental organization making Southern California coastal waters and watersheds, including Santa Monica Bay, safe, healthy and clean. We use science, education, community action and advocacy to pursue our mission.
Please print this parking pass and display it on your dashbaord. If you are parking on the street, please follow all posted signs and feed the parking meters. Heal the Bay is not responsible if you get a ticket.